I still have to spell out “feb-RU-ary” in my head.
This month I:
- Had school photos
- Went to Sydney and judged Tropfest Jr in 46ºC heat (I sweated a lot)
- Went to Sydney (again) with my friends for the Jasper Jones premiere
- Did two intense days of press in Sydney
- Went to Perth and did more press
- Felt ready to sleep for a solid seven years when I got back home
- Had my first speaking assessment in year eleven French (I think I did okay?)
This month I read:
My press schedule over and over and over again. I didn’t have much time to read anything else. Except The Wishing Chair: The Complete Stories by Enid Blyton, one of my favourite childhood books. I still haven’t finished Atonement.
This month I listened to:
Coeur de Pirate. There was an interview with her that I had to read as a part of our French reading comprehension. I then listened to her music and I found I really enjoyed it. My favourites are Lève les Voiles and Place de la République. I also found a song called Tell Me by Johnny Jewel featuring Saoirse Ronan from Lost River. Apart from her being an incredible actress (Brooklyn is one of my favourite movies), she also has a lovely voice. I’m also very excited for Lorde’s new album. Green Light is gorgeous.
This month I watched:
- Mustang – It’s a turkish film directed by Deniz Gamze Ergüven and it’s fantastic. Trust me.
- Breathless – Revolutionary cinematography, but the content is dated.
- The Bachelor – By this point we all know who’s going to win.
- Singin’ in the Rain – I watched it non-stop when I was a kid and watching it again as a teenager filled my heart with nostalgia. It’s such a beautiful film.
- Tangled – I will never stop loving Flynn Ryder.
- Riverdale – Betty + Jughead forever.
- Daddy Day Care – Elle (Fanning) is an ADORABLE five year old.
- The Oscars – So much happened. So much.
- Jasper Jones – I mean I’m not biased or anything but it’s the best film ever made.
This month I learnt:
- Things, people and life in general is confusing
- True friends are those who talk to you despite of your achievements, not because of them
- Ignoring a problem until it goes away is ineffective and unproductive
- In the age of text-messages and emails, receiving mail is really exciting
In March I’m looking forward to:
- Seeing my friend in a play
- Seeing Hidden Figures with my maths class
- International Women’s Day (March 8)
Featured Image: Taken at the premiere of Jasper Jones. This is our VIP face.